Advance College is committed to child safety.
We have adopted the following Standards in response to the Ministerial Order No. 870 – Child Safe Standards – Managing the risk of child abuse in schools (August 2016). To create and maintain a child safe organisation, Advance College ensures the following 7 Standards are followed:
- Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements (Standard 1)
- A child safe policy which includes a statement of commitment to child safety (Standard 2)
- A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children (Standard 3)
- Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel (Standard 4)
- Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse (Standard 5)
- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse (Standard 6)
- Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children (Standard 7)
These standards are compulsory for all organisations providing services to children, and aim to drive cultural change in organisations so that protecting children from abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of leaders, staff and volunteers.
For our detailed Child Safe Policy and Procedure, see our Advance College Policies.